Monday, January 18, 2010

postheadericon REFLECTION ETERNAL

On days like this we take time out to reflect on those that have paved the way for us to be where we are. This is a picture of a plot on my school's campus Georgia Southern University.

It represents the progress of our culture. John Dorise Bradley and 13 others were the 1st group of students to enter and break the color barrier here at this university.

I walk by this tree and sign everyday and everyday I'm grateful for those steps they took to make it possible for me to get a education.

With that said , I would like to say Happy M.L.King day to all.

Thumbs up !

This is a book I had a chance to read by Taylor Branch that gives a deep look into the Life of

Dr. Martin Luther King as an Individual an his road to progress in the civil rights era.

"FARTHER TO GO" is another great read about the challenges in African American Politics.

I hope you all have a great and reflective day.

I will Have the chance to go hear Dr. Micheal Eric Dyson tomorrow @ my University's Performing Arts Center.

I'm excited about hearing him speak ! , hopefully pics and info will be posted.

Until next post.

Stay Safe and Progress

THUMBS UP !





0 comments:

Change the world one step at a time by adding this banner to your page :-)